Anyone have a contact number for Vermont Castings?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

av8roc

Hearth Supporter
Nov 2, 2009
Long Island, NY
I had my Montpelier insert installed almost 2 months ago and reported a door seal issue to the dealer immediately. They sent the installers back to verify the leak and then said they would get back to me. It was the holidays so I didnt press. I called again after new years and was told and adjustment needed to be made and they would let me know when they were sending someone.

That was 3 weeks ago.

At this point I would like to go directly to Vermont Castings to voice my dissatisfaction with this dealers support. Unfortunately the website just directs you to your local dealer. Anyone have a phone number or email for VC direct?

Thanks very much.

Someon might have a better number, but VC's parent company is Monessen Hearth Systems Corp.

www.monessenhearth.com
149 Cleveland Drive
Paris, KY 40361-9782
(859) 987-0740

BrowningBAR said:
Someon might have a better number, but VC's parent company is Monessen Hearth Systems Corp.

www.monessenhearth.com
149 Cleveland Drive
Paris, KY 40361-9782
(859) 987-0740

I appreciate it. It gives you the same run around via automated directory and ultimately tells you to contact your dealer or leave a message which may take up to 5 business days to return.

Call the shop up and tell them you want to return the stove - tell them you want to return it under the implied warranty of mechandisability, since it was defective as received, and they haven't fixed it. Explain pleasantly that you have been more than patient but need a stove and would like to be free to buy a working one elsewhere.

Under most state consumer protection laws, the law regards items which have been delivered defection and never worked correctly differently from ones that break later on - in the eyes of the law, since you were never given a functioning product, the sales has not really taken place, and you are entitled to return the item and get your money back, regardless of what the vendors usual policy might be. That is to say, they can't make you send it back to their service facility, or wait your turn for service, like a normal repair job.

OK its not that easy, but I have found that vendors when you tell them you are going to return something big like that, and spout a little legalese, start paying attention fast. I actually had to do this with my Defiant, many years ago, when it was delivered in unworkable condition with a jammed damper and the idiot dealer told me I would have to wait a month until he could get a repairman out. I told him I was going to return it as defective under the implied warranty, they had a repairman out the next morning!

Status
Not open for further replies.