Anyone have a Lopi insert or Supreme Volcano Plus?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

william36

Jan 28, 2014
Mississippi
I have been looking at several inserts but I haven't seen many actual owners of these two units. I think Lopi makes quality stuff but would like to get some info from an actual owner.
My fireplace opening is 39 W, 32.5 T, 24 D.

Thanks

I have a lopi cape cod flushed insert. I have it for almost two years and I like it so far, I am still in the learning process, haven't seen the full potential of it. I just learned I ran it way too cold, but even with a craptastic wood I was burning so far the stove heats my house well. It looks nice and I think it's a quality built.

Reactions: william36
I have a lopi cape cod flushed insert. I have it for almost two years and I like it so far, I am still in the learning process, haven't seen the full potential of it. I just learned I ran it way too cold, but even with a craptastic wood I was burning so far the stove heats my house well. It looks nice and I think it's a quality built.
Thanks for the info. BTW, how large is the viewing area?

The glass is 22.5"wide and 8.5" so 191.25 square inches plus that little arch. It is a decent size in my opinion.

The glass is 22.5"wide and 8.5" so 191.25 square inches plus that little arch. It is a decent size in my opinion.
I think it's probably the largest glass on the market! Very nice view. I had the freestanding stove, but pretty much the same view.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    206.8 KB · Views: 179
I had a Lopi Freedom for a few winters, it pumped out incredible heat and was very durable. I install a Lopi product a few times a week. They are great heaters with lots of different style options.

I doubt you will find any Volcano owners to talk to. I have installed and burned a Supreme fireplace, but not the insert.
It made some intense heat through the glass, this is produced by the reflective Stainless interior. It does not have firebrick and doesn't weigh very much. I would be a little concerned with longevity and durability. But I've never seen or heard of an issue with supreme, just my observation.

I have a Lopi Freedom Bay insert. I've had it for four years now. It's a great insert in my opinion, looks nice and very simple to operate once you play around with it a few days. It replaced a Hearth Mate that we had used since 1979, great little stove. The only issue I have had so far was replacing the blowers. I had to replace the motor on one side due to it locking up. The blower unit is riveted together and Lopi sells it as a unit, no individual parts available, its not cheap to replace. I did a little research and found the motor on amazon for $34. Now I have the unit screwed together so I can disassemble it after every season to clean and maintain it. I think the original blower motor lasted through 2 seasons. The dealer where I went to to look at this unit hyped it up pretty good saying I would only have to clean ashes out once every couple weeks or so, and so on. I knew the claims being made were being stretched quite a bit, lol. I take some ash out each morning when I get the stove going and generally have a nice bed of coals after 7-8 hours to get it fired up with. One thing I have found with Lopi is you generally have to get to a dealer for replacement parts. If you have any more questions I will be happy to answer them.

I have a Lopi Yankee bay insert. Love it 89lbs harper size. Rated for 2250sqft keeps the house nice and toasty.

Status
Not open for further replies.