Anyone know this older Osburn stove?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AB40

Nov 8, 2011
Alberta, Canada
Hi everyone,

we are looking for a larger wood stove for our 24x40ft shop and came across this older Osburn stove with a blower motor. It even appears to have connections for hydronic heating. It was used to heat a shop almost twice as large as ours.
Osburn2.gif

Osburn1.gif

There is no tag on the unit, so no model number. The current owner bought it used himself years ago. We contacted Osburn in Quebec, but since they only acquired the company in 2002, they don't know anything about the unit.

Has anyone of you seen this kind of stove before and knows about it? We'd be curious to find out how old that thing possibly is and any experiences with it. Apparently it does not have any fire brick inside.
We haven't looked at it in person yet. We don't want to buy a stove that doesn't burn well, i.e. one that might tend to smoulder and create a lot of smoke.

We'd greatly appreciate your input!

Thanks!

Boy, that's quite a beast. PM FyreBug, he works at SBI and may be able to look it up.

I believe the lady emailed us yesterday and we responded.

I've asked around and no one had seen one of these before. We think it's either a home made boiler or a bought one and they used our door as a cheaper alternative. Definitely not made by us.

Status
Not open for further replies.