Anyone need a Quart of wood?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think his dipstick reads a quart low.

I just got done bucking 12 cord but there's no beer in the house. I only have beer when there's no snow on the ground.

Could you say this guy is perhaps new in the business?!

LLigetfa said:
I only have beer when there's no snow on the ground.

That is a sad, sad, story. Glad it is not true at my house!

I emailed him asking to borrow a cup of wood. :cheese:

So, if a Quart=$225 and a Quarter=$125 how much wood is in a Quarter, a Pint (1/2 qt) or a half Pint (1/4 qt)?

I just added two tablespoons of juniper to my shop stove. It's burning nicely now. Rick

Tony's confused,...............................and now my head hurts trying to make sense of all that.
So, a half gallon would be 200 a quart? That's 400 bucks! For half a gallon of wood? No frickin' way, man.

I'm done now.
Dave

It sure doesn't take much to start you guys on a roll. :lol:

I would blame end-of-the-season-to-much-time-on-our-hands-and-there-isn't-anything-better-to-do but I remember the mid-season thread on how some people clean the glass on their wood burning devices, I won't mention any names but the initials A.P. might bring back some colorful memories....

Now what I am wondering is how many quarts he has sold and how satisfied his customers are. I am also wondering what he seasoned it with. 8-/

(I blame all of my nonsense on you guys because I learned this behavior here along with how not to burn my house down.)

LOL...and you guy shred me for using 'face cords'.

Quart? Cord? What the hell is the difference? It clearly says "Dry Season Wood"...

Don't know where you guy's are from but around here the time for wood burning is a pretty wet season. What am I going to do with wood that is only good for a drought?

Ya don't have to be a college gradjeiate to sell firewood...

savageactor7 said:
LOL...and you guy shred me for using 'face cords'.

Face cords is a perfectly good measurement. 16 inch long wood its 3 face cord to a cord. I stack my wood 2 rows wide on a pallet and use 16inch deep by x long and x high to figure all the time. Actually I know 16 inch long wood takes 3 piles 4x8 total 32 each or 96 total. I stack 6ft high by 16ft long for 3 full cords.

Status
Not open for further replies.