Anyone Rebuild SS Aqua Therm in WI or MI

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

upmich

Jan 16, 2023
michigan
I have an older SS Aqua Therm that is leaking around the inside of the door. From what I understand this is mainly due to welding breakdown between the SS shell and the Carbon Steel door ring. Does anyone know who might rebuild these properly (I can deliver) with all SS, 309 welding rod, or other methods?

Thanks for any help

No I could get some if it would help. I had a relative that is a boilermaker weld it enough to get through the previous winter but it keeps leaking wherever the weld stops. I would have to wire brush it to get any meaningful pictures. I can do that if you are interested in the repair. Let me know...

Thanks.

upmich First off welcome to the forum. My only suggestion is look on the internet for welders in your area and start calling. When I had leaks two different times on my Garn I had a hard time finding some one to come out and crawl inside of it to repair it. I even had worked in the trades for years and knew some welders. There has been some much work in my area for the last ten years welders don't need to mess with this kind of work. I just kept calling welders and finally found one that would do it. It took him three months to get here but he did and the repair has held. When I had another issue in another area a few years later he did come back but it took three months again. He's a busy welder also.

Reactions: hobbyheater