Anyone recognize this splitter

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

rwhite

Minister of Fire
Nov 8, 2011
North Central Idaho
Guy has no idea what brand since it was painted when he got it. Has a new BS 5hp so I'm not sure if that's original either. Going to look at it on Saturday. It's a 20 ton.
00R0R_7U1v5lpqlD8_600x450.jpg 00808_eRjEM9lA6tb_600x450.jpg

I'm thinking it's an older huskee as those are the only ones I have found with a center mounted fore/aft hydraulic tank.

Edit: on further review I think I read the caption wrong. It may be a Brave splitter that I was looking at that had the center tank.

Last edited:
Toe plate is wrong shape for SpeeCo/Huskee.
Not orange for Brave or Blue for I&O.
Less substantial T-beam.

Maybe an older Northern Tool, Swisher, or Chinese off brand.

5 HP on a 20 ton sounds a little small to me.

Toe plate is wrong sl8trhape for SpeeCo/Huskee.
Not orange for Brave or Blue for I&O.
Less substantial T-beam.

Maybe an older Northern Tool, Swisher, or Chinese off brand.
It's basically exact from an older 20 ton brave except that the toe plate is like an I&O. They came standard with a 5hp. Its not orange but its been painted. If you look close at the beam it was orange prior.

Attachments

• BHVH-2090_BHVH-2490_VH9020_VH9024.pdf
    6.8 MB · Views: 461
It's basically exact from an older 20 ton brave except that the toe plate is like an I&O. They came standard with a 5hp. Its not orange but its been painted. If you look close at the beam it was orange prior.

I was thinking the orange was rust, but I see what you're talking about.

Most of that is built exactly like my MTD. Except my engine is on the other side. It doesn't look like a home brew. A lot of the machines are copied, so it can be anybody.

Most of that is built exactly like my MTD. Except my engine is on the other side. It doesn't look like a home brew. A lot of the machines are copied, so it can be anybody.
I got it home. It's definitely an older Brave. Just waiting on the new valve to get here.