Anyone Recommend A Good Framing Book (Framing walls)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

daveswoodhauler

Minister of Fire
May 20, 2008
Massachusetts
Always feel that I ask more questions than give answers, but I guess in another 20 years I'll be able to give advice on those who have helped me.

Anyway, going to finish off a basement, and I have framed walls before from a summer job building condos in the last 80's.

Can anyone recommend a good book from framing a basement?

Reason I ask is that my top plates are going to be a bit tricky due to heating pipes, water pipes, sewer, etc... and some of the walls are going to run along with the joists vs go against them. I am guessing I just have to box around the piping to attach the top plate, just want to make sure I do it correctly. (Don't want the building inspector to have a laugh when he shows up :)

Status
Not open for further replies.