Anyone Use Green Supreme

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
investor7952 said:
They are a little on the high side vs some of the hardwoods.

What is your question? ;-)

I noticed you said they are high compared to some hardwoods. I bet they are-depending
on what brands you are comparing them to and where you are looking.
My experience is the pricing has been competitive with the better brands.

I have burned this brand for a few years now and they are my favorite. As BTU mentioned, they
are no longer being bagged by NEWP but they can still be found this year.
Good pellet- high heat, low ash.

I have about 20 bags left from last winter and would definitely buy more if I see them. They were among the best I have burned.

The Green Supreme pellets are by far the best pellets I have found - high heat and very low ash. Recently I found them in Claremont, NH at New England Outdoor Furnaces. Their number is 603-543-1110 - appeared to be a good supply of them.

Are the Cleanfire softwood pellets from Pelletsales.com the same as the Green Supreme, just rebranded ?

We burned Green Supreme, NEWP (tan bag/Red lettering) and a few bags of Okanagan last year. The heat the Green Supreme put out was way better then the NEWP. The Okanagans were very close to the Green Supreme. We tried the Okanagans very late in the season and the outside temp was around the 40 range while the other's were in the dead of winter. Both the GS and OK's left very little ash and what ash they make was very light and easy to clean.

If I can't find Green Supreme's close by then we plan on buying some Okanagans or one of Pelletsales.com pellets this weekend.

My ranking
1. Green Supreme
2. Okanagan
3. NEWP (Tan/Red lettering).

Status
Not open for further replies.