Anyone used the pre-insulated pex from e-bay...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

4hiswork

Apr 4, 2010
Western Kentucky
Still looking at options for my underground install, there are some interesting pre-insulated products on there. I was wondering if any of you have used these, if so which one and how well is it working?? Thanks in advance for any replies!

I looked at the pre=insulated stuff on e-bay and most of what I saw was simply the bubble wrap "insulation" with wild claims and a pretty high price. Most of the products I looked at were crap , bubble wrap provides little insulation and the only person making /saving money with these products are the scammers selling them.
Some of the product made by carlon and other major pipe companies as well as some of the stuff sold by central boiler might be worth a look but stay away from the bubble wrap junk. Look also at the stuff sold by some of the suppliers on this site like Cozyheat , ALOHA , Garn ect for some decent products

Status
Not open for further replies.