Anyone with a Piazzetta Sabrina ?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
How about reading the settings for us?

There are 6 buttons on your stove. Let's pretend the leftmost one is button 1 and the rightmost one is button 6.

If you hold down the rightmost button, button 6 for about 3 seconds, then the parameter list will start scrolling.

Push button 5 twice, which will get you to "Stove Status".

Then push button 3, which will then show you your current settings for, combustion fan rpm, stove exhaust temp and pellet feed rate.

Just write down what you see, and let us know.
1830 - Smoke Fan rpm
193F - Smoke Probe
3.3 - auger loading

Reused jet cap (which is for horizontal venting) on the end of the upper bend? Isn't the termination supposed to be XX" above roof line?

OAK isn't supposed to be of PVC ... Shortest run reduces restrictions... Elbowed up?

The cap on the the vent run is from whom? It doesn't look like a horizontal termination cap.

And is that a pvc pipe I'm seeing the OAK and what is the cap on it? It should not terminate forward of the vent termination.

How far is the vent from the corner of the building?

Can I see a closer picture of the OAK termination.
No pvc - all metal.

Reactions: SmokeyTheBear
How large is the pic file?

1830 - Smoke Fan rpm
193F - Smoke Probe
3.3 - auger loading
Well, those are the settings for P1, 3.3 secs per every 12 secs. 193F is okay for exhaust temp on P1. Don't want to get too low. 1830rpm is right around factory setting of 1850rpm. It does fluctuate just a bit. Anyhow, for comparison, my P1 fan setting is 2100 in order to get the pressure up to factory spec.

If you set the Power settings on the other 4 settings, you can get the pellet feed and combustion fan readings for the other settings, particularly if there are settings giving you trouble, like P4 or P5. I'm assuming the video you posted was of P4 or P5.

I would ask the shop and/or the Piazzetta rep if they used a manometer or magnahelic to set the combustion fan. That should have been done before they told you the last resort is to clean every 12 hrs and/or to return the unit.

Testing my uploading... IMG_0250.jpg

Seems to work from my Mac just fine.

Much better picture.

Now does that double clean-out come straight out or is it tilted downward. if the OAK was where it is in that picture and the pipe was straight out I can see where the first go around was not working exactly correctly because the exhaust has to be higher than the air intake and you don't want to be sucking dirty oxygen depleted air back in through the OAK which may have been taking place.

If there is a downward tilt in that double clean out you have degraded the output side all sections of venting must be upward by at least 1/4" per foot of "horizontal" run.

The vent being that close to the soffit is also not to your advantage not to mention that the manual specifically speaks to the termination in this particular situation requiring a 45 degree downward piece after the 90 degree elbow at the top of this method of venting.

Now is there a screen on the end of the OAK that we can't see, there is a minimum mesh size listed in the manual IIRC (I only glanced through it).

Now what were the settings that chken wanted to know about and what was the setting that the dealer was attempting to tune to along with the correct procedure to do so? The OAKies you are burning are a fairly dense pellet and require a good amount of non oxygen depleted air to burn correctly.

These pellet roasters are self polluting, doubly so when not properly vented or setup. There are other inside the firebox conditions that have to be correct as well.

Last edited:
1830 - Smoke Fan rpm
193F - Smoke Probe
3.3 - auger loading
Much better picture.

Now does that double clean-out come straight out or is it tilted downward. if the OAK was where it is in that picture and the pipe was straight out I can see where the first go around was not working exactly correctly because the exhaust has to be higher than the air intake and you don't want to be sucking dirty oxygen depleted air back in through the OAK which may have been taking place.

If there is a downward tilt in that double clean out you have degraded the output side all sections of venting must be upward by at least 1/4" per foot of "horizontal" run.

The vent being that close to the soffit is also not to your advantage not to mention that the manual specifically speaks to the termination in this particular situation requiring a 45 degree downward piece after the 90 degree elbow at the top of this method of venting.

Now is there a screen on the end of the OAK that we can't see, there is a minimum mesh size listed in the manual IIRC (I only glanced through it).

Now what were the settings that chken wanted to know about and what was the setting that the dealer was attempting to tune to along with the correct procedure to do so? The OAKies you are burning are a fairly dense pellet and require a good amount of non oxygen depleted air to burn correctly.

These pellet roasters are self polluting, doubly so when not properly vented or setup. There are other inside the firebox conditions that have to be correct as well.

The pipe appears to be tilted, but two far as I can tell its level.
These are the figures I got during the read-out. However, some figures seem to be missing ?

1830 - Smoke Fan rpm
193F - Smoke Probe
3.3 - auger loading

The pipe appears to be tilted, but two far as I can tell its level.
These are the figures I got during the read-out. However, some figures seem to be missing ?

1830 - Smoke Fan rpm
193F - Smoke Probe
3.3 - auger loading

I believe that chken wants that information for each firing rate.

ETA: We don't trust the eyeball if we aren't there and it really needs to be measured and it must point upward. No guessing allowed. Just like my use of IIRC, you need to crack open the manual read it and then verify what is actually there.

I'm assuming the Piazzetta people were the distributor from NH?

To be honest, once your stove is dialed in, most pellets should burn just fine.

Just to let you know, my stove's adjustments are quite far from the original factory settings, so there is quite a lot of potential variation in setup. For example:

P1 factory combustion fan speed = 1850, mine = 2100
P2 factory = 1950, mine = 2250
P3 factory = 2150, mine = 2350
P4 factory = 2410, mine = 2450
P5 factory = na, mine = 2550
What would you recommend setting my stove to ?

When I followed the steps he gave me, that's all that was shown. Maybe I missed a step ?

I think he will come back for the rest of the settings or you could send him a private message.

BTW: What was it with the pictures that enabled you to finally upload the last one. I know that at least two updates to some of Apple's system software didn't pass along required information to the requesting server.

I think he will come back for the rest of the settings or you could send him a private message.

BTW: What was it with the pictures that enabled you to finally upload the last one. I know that at least two updates to some of Apple's system software didn't pass along required information to the requesting server.
I posted the images on another platform, and inserted in my forum post via the url(s).

Status
Not open for further replies.