Appliance connection question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

SlimTidy

Nov 12, 2014
Maryland
I have a Lopi pellet stove that is vented straight up through about 10’ of Duravent piping. It comes out of the stove into an appliance adapter, then into a tee with a clean out at about a 45 degree angle and then straight up.

My problem is that I find that the easiest way to fully clean the stove after each ton of pellets is to pull off the whole pipe assembly, appliance adapter and all and then clean the piping with my brush and clean inside the back of the stove all the way up into the outlet of the exhaust blower.

Is there some sort of compression fitting for that appliance adapter so I don’t have to caulk that joint? I currently use high heat tape and cut and redo each time.

Thanks for any help.

Big band clamp? The kind that's used in big rig exhaust

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

If your just using high heat tape around the outside then the big exhaust band clamp will be the exact same thing. I'm not talking about the standard muffler u bolt. This is a actual band that wraps the outside.

If your just using high heat tape around the outside then the big exhaust band clamp will be the exact same thing. I'm not talking about the standard muffler u bolt. This is a actual band that wraps the outside.

I know exactly what you are talking about but it won’t work. The high heat tape works because I am using the adhesive to make the connection. It brises the 1/8” step down from the adapter to the outlet pipe because I can mold it around there a bit if that makes sense.

Duravent Pelletvent Pro has a quick release appliance adapter specifically to do what you want.