Applince connector questions

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
I like to put the adapter in first. It’s usually harder to get right since you may need to deal with weld blobs and other imperfections in the stove. You want a good seal with just the metal taper.

Personally I usually put it on the liner first but not always. It is just which ever is easier.

Hello all on a applince connector do I just screw it to the stove. And how do you seal it
A lot of installers will smear globs of cement all over the connection. It’s certainly not necessary on most stoves, but it won’t hurt it either. Just a small bead of furnace cement is all that’s “needed”.
The Lopi flush hybrid requires the flue collar to be sealed with furnace cement or all warranty is void. Seems really odd to me, but that’s what the manual stated. I haven’t looked lately to see if they’ve changed that.

A lot of installers will smear globs of cement all over the connection. It’s certainly not necessary on most stoves, but it won’t hurt it either. Just a small bead of furnace cement is all that’s “needed”.
The Lopi flush hybrid requires the flue collar to be sealed with furnace cement or all warranty is void. Seems really odd to me, but that’s what the manual stated. I haven’t looked lately to see if they’ve changed that.
Odd to me as well furnace cement is just going to crack and do nothing anyway after a little while