Are there any concerns or helpful tricks to think about when installing this insert????

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

53flyer

Hearth Supporter
Oct 21, 2009
Eastern WA
Was this a concern for anyone?

Did the rearward slant on the back part of the Princess require any special tricks when installing the liner? It seems like it would be more difficult to see/make the liner attachments when the exhaust outlet is on the back side of the insert (as opposed to the typical exhaust outlet that's directly on top).

This link (last pg) shows the angled outlet I'm referring to in my question:
http://blazeking.com/Brochures-En/WoodProductPDF/PI1010ATaxCredit.pdf

I installed my BK insert about a month ago, and it was an easy install, other than the shear weight of moving out the old Arrow insert, and setting in the new BK. My liner has an adjustable elbow on the end, so I could adjust the angle slightly, and I was lucky, the height it was at for the old insert was the same needed for the BK. We were able to set the edge of the elbow into the BK's angle flue, and work it in as we moved it back into position.

The difficulty I could see is if you have to change where your liner ends. Mine is set in mortar at the top of my chimney so it would have been a task to break that out and set it again if I had to. Fortunately, mine was straight forward, and I didn't have to put on my mason hat.

As a side note, loving the BK and long burn on low temp during the shoulder season. It will be interesting to see how often I need to load at -20, and how warm my house is.

Status
Not open for further replies.