Arrrrggggghhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CT-Mike

Minister of Fire
Mar 22, 2008
New England
Well,

My $50 moisture meter from Amazon showed up today. Stuck it into the end and side of a split and it read 19%. Wooooohooooooo.

Then remembering what I had read on here, I split a large split in two, stuck the probe into the newly exposed wood, and it read 38%. Booooooooo!!!

Oh well, it is burning pretty well, and the stack will only get drier as the season progresses. After the underbrush and sap dies down, I am going to drop some of the trees in the back so that the HH's get full sun instead of just morning sun.

Mike

Wasn't it better when you just didn't know? ;-)

Chris

Redox said:
Wasn't it better when you just didn't know? ;-)

Chris

Agreed, ignorance is bliss, It reminds me of the firrst year i was burning splitting red oak in the morning and burning it in the afternoon. Now I am a slightly smarter dumba$$

If you can pre-split a week's worth of wood a week in advance and bring it inside to dry, you can hustle the drying out a bit.

Mike: maybe technology sucks, but good info will last a lifetime. And the latter is what you will always get on this forum.

Least now you know what you gotta know, and for sure next year will be even better for you. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.