As per Mr. J-Takeman's request!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Branson4720

Burning Hunk
OK Jay......NOW I'm embarassed!! :shut:

Attachments

• DSC_7145 (Custom).jpg
    DSC_7145 (Custom).jpg
    173.6 KB · Views: 1,072
oldmountvernon said:
look close im behind the tree on the left

Watch out for the Conibear trap on the left.....and the minefield leading to my pellet stash!! :exclaim:

Nice Grill..... Nice Stash, Nice Equipment, Nice...... Well...... Nice everything!!!!

Now Im gonna go cry....... :lol:

DexterDay said:
Nice Grill..... Nice Stash, Nice Equipment, Nice...... Well...... Nice everything!!!!

Don't cry......it's all good!! :)

Nice apron. ;-)

Round here they say never trust a skinny cook. :)

When OMV has ya distracted I'm going after that hoe, betcha it would fit perfect on my Kubota. :lol:

DexterDay said:

He sure does have lots of toys, But so do you! And so do I! Its what we boys do, Buy toys! ;-)

smoke show said:
Nice apron. ;-)

When OMV has ya distracted I'm going after that hoe, betcha it would fit perfect on my Kubota. :lol:

He won't be skinny long after seeing the grub he's cooking on that new pellet grill!

j-takeman said:
DexterDay said:

He sure does have lots of toys, But so do you! And so do I! Its what we boys do, Buy toys! ;-)

smoke show said:
Nice apron. ;-)

He won't be skinny long after seeing the grub he's cooking on that new pellet grill!

Yeah.... I guess we all got a few.

His just look better from here......... ;-P

Thats an awesome looking grill. Im looking to add one to the arsenal soon. They can be had at the Hearth Shop by me, for about $400, or about $600, for the one I was looking at. Then they make the ridiculously large, Super expensive ones too... ;-P

Congratulations on the grill.... Looks delicious.

DexterDay said:
j-takeman said:
DexterDay said:

smoke show said:
Nice apron. ;-)

Yeah.... I guess we all got a few.

His just look better from here......... ;-P

Thats an awesome looking grill. Im looking to add one to the arsenal soon. They can be had at the Hearth Shop by me, for about $400, or about $600, for the one I was looking at. Then they make the ridiculously large, Super expensive ones too... ;-P

Congratulations on the grill.... Looks delicious.

The GMG are all too big for our small family. I'll probaby go traeger. Did you see the one that looks like a pig? I fell in love. But again much too big! I'll have to go with the jr.

I thought Branson4720 was taking the pellet thing a little too far with the cooker, but realized hey I'm watching the Super Bowl while posting on the forum. Or vice versa. It's a sickness I tell ya.

Louisianna-Grills makes a very nice pellet grill also.
If you don't use BBQ pellets, be careful what pellets you do use. Some brands have undisclosed additives that you would not want in your food.

oldmountvernon said:
man you guys are killing me Im not to sure about how they work, is it more of a smoker? So all the food will have a " smoked " taste? guess ill youtube them and catch some videos How about the quality of these grills? comparison webber? char broil? walmart lol ?

I know the traeger has the smoker setting on the feed dial. Not sure about GMG.

ScotL said:
Louisianna-Grills makes a very nice pellet grill also.
If you don't use BBQ pellets, be careful what pellets you do use. Some brands have undisclosed additives that you would not want in your food.

There is even a dealer in Ct. I'll check them out come spring. Thanks for the tip.

ScotL, Do you also make the food grade pellets?

We don't make food grade pellets. But, all I use in my pellet grill is our pellets because I know there's no additives at all (the most common are vegetable oil, soybean oil, diesel fuel, or plastic resin). If I didn't know exactly what was in the pellets I was using, I'd be very nervous about using anything but a pellet made specifically for grills.
One of our suppliers sends us hickory sawdust. I've always wanted to save some out and make just a few hundred pounds of pure hickory pellets to use in the grill.

This is what i cooked on my GMG yesterday.

Attachments

• SuperBowl 004 resized.jpg
    SuperBowl 004 resized.jpg
    172.5 KB · Views: 424
  • SuperBowl 014 resized.jpg
    SuperBowl 014 resized.jpg
    163.2 KB · Views: 439
j-takeman said:
Sure show us more food again! Off to raid the fridge and there goes the diet!

Angus meat loaf wrapped in bacon :cheese: Pork baby back ribs slow cooked 5 hrs. with home-made BBQ sauce!! :)

Attachments

• DSC_7157 (Custom) (2).jpg
    DSC_7157 (Custom) (2).jpg
    146.5 KB · Views: 377
j-takeman said:

The ribs done.....with leftovers! :) And......tonight's meal....."chicken as good as it gets!" ( a GMG recipe) :)

Attachments

• DSC_7168 (Custom).jpg
    DSC_7168 (Custom).jpg
    212.3 KB · Views: 367
  • DSC_7171 (Custom).jpg
    DSC_7171 (Custom).jpg
    185.1 KB · Views: 371
Sure, I'll work for food. Restack pellets~Mow the lawn~Plus with all his toys? I have a blast! He does have more toys than me. ;-)

I think he needs a new bass boat though! :cheese:

ScotL said:
We don't make food grade pellets. But, all I use in my pellet grill is our pellets because I know there's no additives at all (the most common are vegetable oil, soybean oil, diesel fuel, or plastic resin). If I didn't know exactly what was in the pellets I was using, I'd be very nervous about using anything but a pellet made specifically for grills.
One of our suppliers sends us hickory sawdust. I've always wanted to save some out and make just a few hundred pounds of pure hickory pellets to use in the grill.

Sounds like you should set that stuff aside. I see the hickory pellets are about $1.00 a pound retail Where stove pellets are $0.40 to $0.60 a pound retail. Might be some ca$h to be had?

I have always been interested in the thoery of different wood species creating different heat/BTU values. I know with compression its less likely than say cord wood. But I bet some species like Oak and Black locus have a higher BTU value compared to say maple or birch.

Also ScotL are you using chip to logs or just saw dust/chops? Curious if you could single out some species just to play around with. But probably not practicle with a large scale facillity. But its winter and I'm slightly bored. Fun thinking about the what if's. ;-)

j-takeman said:

Chicken Cordon-Bleu wrapped in bacon (stuffed with Boar's Head ham and Canadian cheddar). :)

Attachments

• DSC_7187 (Custom).jpg
    DSC_7187 (Custom).jpg
    147.1 KB · Views: 183
Status
Not open for further replies.