Ash and red elm hauled out yesterday.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

ohlongarm

Minister of Fire
Mar 18, 2011
Northeastern Ohio
Beautifu
ash.jpg
ash1.jpg
ash2.jpg
lwindfalls,today i'll start splitting,amazing how a puny 10 acres can yield so much wood. I'm 36 cords now split and stacked. About done i'd say.

The land i cut on is only 10 acres. Was neglected for some time, lots of downed trees. Amazing how much wood i have gotten so far, and haven't touched the dead standing trees.

Reactions: thewoodlands
The land i cut on is only 10 acres. Was neglected for some time, lots of downed trees. Amazing how much wood i have gotten so far, and haven't touched the dead standing trees.
I agree,i've got literally dozens of ash still standing,air drying,however in the acreage I've got a few dozen ash that didn't succumb to EAB?

I am envious. All of my acreage is open fields. There is national forest land that I can get wood on close by, but everyone around here has outdoor furnaces and needs wood, so any tree that falls close to a road in NF, gets cut and hauled away pretty quick. I do plan on buying some nearby land that is forested in the near future, but for now I will have to scrounge. I did buy a load of logs last week though.

• Wow
Reactions: andym
Did you haul all 36 cords of wood in that small trailer over time?
What? no way this is the last three years of intense hard work,and lots of wood availability,that trailer is pretty good just got it,beats the John Deere 12 P by a mile.