Ash. Door gasket

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

WOODNUT358

Aug 1, 2008
RI
Has anyone ever changed an ash door gasket on a Haman XXV pellet stove? It looks like a very wide gasket. Is it complicated? Thanks

I do believe that is a tadpole gasket that should be ordered to the correct size, it is not very difficult to remove. You have to remove the plate that covers that ash door and there is tads on each side that you have to bend over in order to remove gasket.

I do believe that is a tadpole gasket that should be ordered to the correct size, it is not very difficult to remove. You have to remove the plate that covers that ash door and there is tads on each side that you have to bend over in order to remove gasket.[/QUOTE

I noticed those tabs and pulled the gasket back just a little. The people at the stove shop gave me a 3 ft. Piece of 1/2"gasket that obviously was the wrong one.. I have seen that tadpole gasket with the adhesive back and the silicone. Thanks for the reply!!!!