Ash pan removal

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
I wouldn’t be burning it if it wasn’t safe. Nothing is getting over 105 degrees the stove pipe is but floor hoist and everything around it is warm to the touch
All of us here the stove manufacturer the pipe manufacturer and the code writers are telling you it is not safe. Get doublewall pipe and a probe thermometer to go with it.

When you switch to double-wall stove pipe, get a probe thermometer. That will provide more accurate flue gas temp readings than reading off the surface of single-wall pipe.

Reactions: Harry Mo
When you switch to double-wall stove pipe, get a probe thermometer. That will provide more accurate flue gas temp readings than reading off the surface of single-wall pipe.

yes, the probe meter is actually a better way to monitor flue temps. Like checking the thanksgiving turkey to see if it’s done I prefer a probe.

The oak is not an option due to your basement but that’s no real loss on an nc30 since only one of four intakes is fed from the oak nipple.

Since my stove pipe application is not vertical then 90 degrees and then horizontal will I still be able to run it how I currently have it with double wall pipe? Not sure if you have the flexibility with double wall as you do with single wall to run it in different ways

Yes, they make the same parts in double-wall stove pipe.

Try to keep an inch of ash in the firebox. The fire will burn better and longer.

I do that as well. I like to believe that it also reduces wear and tear on the lower portion of the stove which would, otherwise, be exposed to some very hot coal temperatures on a regular basis.