Ashford 30 pictures

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Pertzbro

Feeling the Heat
Aug 2, 2016
NW Iowa
Can someone post some pictures of a BK Ashford 30? All the ones online are the generic ones, I'd like closer up shots and a side profile showing the back end that sticks out. Closest dealer is 2 hours away.

1d2d0124c18c00a20a2c1d69f2db10dd.jpg af9fa8e3da1239ddacdeda703c6e537d.jpg 965b26dfa75248c89cfd36937a284cb2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
That looks quite close to the wall. Could be the camera angle but is there really at least 6" from the back bumpout on the stove to the wall?

Reactions: Highbeam
I'm gonna say less than 3''...

The clearance on the rear is measured from an odd place on all bks. It’s the center bumpout, the thermostat housing that you use. Not the fan bump outs or the stove top.

Maybe that wall is noncombustible? Sheetrock is combustible.

If you have enamel, the whole butt (aft of the switch to sheet metal) will be black.

It is regular drywall at the back. It was installed 2 years ago by a reputable wood stove installer that way. The fan kit at the back doesn’t get hot at all nor the wall below the top of the wood stove but the drywall is warm to the touch above the wood stove. My understanding is that the space occupied by the blower represent the right distance required from the wall to the firebox.

Last edited:
I’m shocked the BK fan club hasn’t filled this thread with endless pictures by now.

Reactions: coutufr