Ashley 5660 E4

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

e.duffy

Nov 15, 2022
Erving, MA
I have a Ashley 5660 stove that is a few years old. I blew the 7.5 fuse, replaced it after a good cleaning, and now on start up, I get the E4 code and it won't light. Any help out there?

E4 is ignite failure. Either the stove didn’t ignite or the low limit doesn’t detect it. You say the stove won’t light at all.

About 1/3 the way down this page is a board test. It’s the same board in your stove, and mine. You can walk through the test and it will check the board and devices. When you get to the igniter, remove the burn pot, leave it for a couple minutes and see if it starts to glow, and feel if the air around it starts to get warm. Don’t actually touch it!

If the igniter doesn’t get warm, the next thing would be to pull a side panel and check the igniter with a multimeter. That would determine if it’s the igniter, or something else like the power board or bad wiring. With the fuse blowing, I would wonder if there’s a short in the igniter or wiring.

1668605897831.png

Attachments

• usstove tech manual 5660 Ashley Bay Front Side & Top Mount Boards.pdf
    932 KB · Views: 107