Ashley AHI1

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

EPoff

Nov 15, 2022
Sharon,SC
We recently moved into a house with a Ashley AHI1 insert. It is very different from the Buck Stove we had in Ohio. There is no manual and no visible damper. In order to get enough air to get a fire going and keep it burning we have had to leave the small door to the ash drawer. Are we doing something wrong? I have searched everywhere and can’t find any information. Thanks.

80C80204-9704-4DBC-BD9B-7C352A1C8D39.jpeg 8CEFB0E5-30D9-4C8A-9031-8848ECD3C26A.jpeg

It's an oldie. I am not sure there is an air control. This old thread may be helpful.

We recently moved into a house with a Ashley AHI1 insert. It is very different from the Buck Stove we had in Ohio. There is no manual and no visible damper. In order to get enough air to get a fire going and keep it burning we have had to leave the small door to the ash drawer. Are we doing something wrong? I have searched everywhere and can’t find any information. Thanks.

View attachment 302902 View attachment 302903
The dampers are to the left and right of the small ash tray door. My question is does anyone know if up is open or closed? The label has long ago worn off of my dampers and I can not remember if they are open when the lever is up or down.