Ashley pellet stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

CadElb

Jan 22, 2021
Metter, GA
We just installed a new Ashley AP5660l pellet stove. We set it at 70 degrees. It keeps climbing past 80 degrees and want go to set temp. What could be wrong?

Are you in manual or thermostat mode?

It is brand new. We are going by the steps in manual. It said it has to be in normal operation to switch from manual to t start. So we were turning it on letting it start and then trying to switch to t start. But it kept going g higher and would not switch.

well in manual mode it will just run till you shut it off. do you have a thermostat hooked up? running a tstat the stove will operate in the heat setting you select when there is a call for heat. when the temp has been reached it will go down to the lowest setting and not shut off till the temp in the room calls for heat again..

If you’re on heat range 1 and it’s still too hot for the house, all you can do is turn the stove off once in a while.

Thermostat mode just maintains temperature for the higher heat ranges.

Reactions: Ssyko
It will not let us get on thermostat mode. It just keeps going higher. He turns it on in manual mode. When it lights then he tries to put it in therm mode.

It will not let us get on thermostat mode. It just keeps going higher. He turns it on in manual mode. When it lights then he tries to put it in therm mode.

You have to wait until the startup is complete. There is one or more flashing dots on the display in startup mode. When it’s out of startup mode it won’t be flashing anymore. Takes something like 7 minutes. Then you can change the heat range and mode.

But thermostat mode will only work when you need to use heat ranges 2-5. Because what it does is knock the stove back to heat range 1 when it reaches the temp you set. But it can’t run cooler than heat range 1.

Heat range 1 is like the idle mode, but its still pretty hot, it heats my house fully most of the time. If it’s still too hot I have to shut the stove off.

Reactions: Ssyko
You have to wait until the startup is complete. There is one or more flashing dots on the display in startup mode. When it’s out of startup mode it won’t be flashing anymore. Takes something like 7 minutes. Then you can change the heat range and mode.

But thermostat mode will only work when you need to use heat ranges 2-5. Because what it does is knock the stove back to heat range 1 when it reaches the temp you set. But it can’t run cooler than heat range 1.

Heat range 1 is like the idle mode, but its still pretty hot, it heats my house fully most of the time. If it’s still too hot I have to shut the stove off.
Thank you