Auber thermometer with magnet probe

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

BigJ273

Minister of Fire
Feb 15, 2015
Maryland

Has anyone used this product using the magnet probe attached to the stove? I’ve seen reviews with the flue probe, but didn’t see anything regarding the magnet. Gonna attach the magnet in the upper left hand corner where I normally take my readings. Just looking for reviews, positives/negatives.

Last edited:
I have the washer probe for the AT200. I didn’t get the magnet as it’s max temp was 750 I think. Magnets become demagnetized at temps higher is my guess. I’m kicking myself for not getting it but I would like a permanent attachment. As I recall it wasn’t that expensive and I will probably give it a shot this year as I think I have a broken lead In my probe now and will replace it as well as repair it.

evan

I had a home made magnetic probe for my stove top, it worked OK but seemed to read a bit on the low side and not react fast enough.
So I bonded a washer TC to the stove top with furnace cement mixed with copper filings. Works well but does not last for ever,
you need to re do it every once in a while.
IMG_20171031_180454188.jpg