Auger motor stops feeding after a few minutes

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

romarob

Jan 2, 2014
Westchester, NY
I have a Harman Accentra 52i for about 8 years now. It's been a great investment, but just in time for the sub zero temps, it's giving me issues.
It starts up and feeds the pot for about three minutes, but does not fill it like it usually does. Then it stops feeding and comes on intermittently every 30 seconds for only for about two seconds then turns off. I replaced the auger motor which was leaking and I thought that would do the trick, but it didn't. I read on another thread here that I should try troubleshooting by bypassing the pressure valve, which I did, but the same issue occurs. I swept the chimney prior to that and the stove is in good clean condition. Are there any other sensors I should be looking at that are attached to the control board ? Does this sound like a new control board issue? I'm lost at this point...

Thanks in advance for any help!

What does a self test show?

I have a Harman Accentra 52i for about 8 years now. It's been a great investment, but just in time for the sub zero temps, it's giving me issues.
It starts up and feeds the pot for about three minutes, but does not fill it like it usually does. Then it stops feeding and comes on intermittently every 30 seconds for only for about two seconds then turns off. I replaced the auger motor which was leaking and I thought that would do the trick, but it didn't. I read on another thread here that I should try troubleshooting by bypassing the pressure valve, which I did, but the same issue occurs. I swept the chimney prior to that and the stove is in good clean condition. Are there any other sensors I should be looking at that are attached to the control board ? Does this sound like a new control board issue? I'm lost at this point...

Thanks in advance for any help!
UPDATE in case anyone has the same issue: After a lot of troubleshooting, I called Home & Hearth in Courtland, NY where I bought the stove and John suggested that I unplug the unit, clear all of the pellets out of the hopper and reach down with my fingers to the left to check for any obstructions. Much to my surprise and DELIGHT, there was a piece of the plastic from a pellet bag restricting the amount of pellets going into the pot. First time I've done that in 8 years. Hopefully the last. Stay warm everyone!