Auger stopped working on a 2010 M55 Enviro

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Driftersown

Oct 17, 2021
Recently replaced a circuit board in my 2010 M55 enviro. It worked great, had it serviced. It was making a squeaking noise , which continued after it was cleaned, but it still worked. Recently added more pellets and the auger isn’t turning and the igniter also doesn’t seem to be working. Any suggestions are appreciated. I’m a pellet stove newbie.

I would start with making sure the connectors aren't loose. Assuming you have a free standing stove like I do, unplug the stove, take off the back cover, and follow the wires for the auger motor and ignitor. Make sure each connector is firmly seated.

If you're comfortable with electrical troubleshooting, you can also remove the auger motor and test run it on the bench. I believe it should rotate at 2 RPM when powered up.

The ignitor can be checked with an ohm meter. An open circuit (infinite resistance) indicates the element is burned out. A new 400 watt ignitor should have a resistance of about 36 ohms.

Good luck,
Marc

Last edited:
Is the combustion fan working?
When you hit the start button does the combustion fan come on?

if you don’t have it, you should download the manual from Enviro. It’s a free download and has operation and troubleshooting info.

in case this helps, this is one part of troubleshooting right from the manual that deals with the auger.

5. Unit is on but auger motor does not turn at all.
• Check the line fuse to see if it has blown.
• Check the Door and Ash Pan door - THEY MUST BE CLOSED TIGHT.
• If the Auger gear box does not turn but the motor’s armature does try to spin, then the auger is
jammed. Try to break apart jam by poking at the jam through the drop tube. If this fails then empty
the hopper and remove the Auger Cover **Remember to re-seal the cover after installation**
• Auger stopped running. Pinch, break or blockage in Vacuum Hose - Check hose for pinch points or
damage, replace or re-route as required. Blow out Vacuum Hose and intake pipe.
• Damage to wires between Circuit Board and Vacuum Switch and Auger Motor - Inspect wires and
connectors.
• Vacuum Switch failure - Bypass the vacuum switch, if this corrects the problem check for above
problems before replacing the Vacuum Switch.
• Blocked exhaust / venting system - Have stove and venting cleaned and inspected.
• Check Vacuum levels at the Vacuum Switch, with a Magnahelic Gauge (readings must be above .07”
W.C. on low fire).

Ken

For the M55, ensure exh blower is actually running, if not will not close vacuum switch to turn auger. Is the air pump running on startup?
I believe it needs vacuum complete to startup and turn ignitor on too. Check for blown fuses on motherboard too.