Automated Control Wood Stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This stove with a new developed control system is one of the finalists for the Wood Stove Decathlon.

Be interested to see how its gonna stack up with the rest of the competition.

I like the feature that it beeps when it wants more wood.

It was a matter of time before something like that came out. I like it but I don't like it, I'm still kind of old fashioned, love the labor of love that comes with the stove. I'd be curious to hear from someone that does have it.

Those tall European stoves are Purdy but they sure are skinny. What is it like to live with a stove like that? I could be talking stoves or models...same difference.

They tend to use a stove more as room heaters in Europe. The wood is cut shorter and burn times shorter. 24/7 burning is not as common in this type of stove. If you need longer heat, get a kachelofen.

....get a kachelofen

....is that a strain of avian flu?

Status
Not open for further replies.