Avalon Arbor Pellet Stove issues

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

TREEKILLER101

Jan 23, 2022
Asheville, NC
Good afternoon... I purchased a brand New floor model Avalon Arbor Pellet Stove. It has NEVER been fired but has been in their showroom for several years. The temps down here in NC dropped to the low teens so I increased the feed rate to get our cabin warned up quickly to make the wife happy. After it got quite warm in the cabin..... I turned the feed rate back down to the lowest setting... Which we normally keep it at. Well the auger speed never slowed down and the stove got so hot it tripped the fuse to the main power as well as the control board fuse. I replaced both but they kept tripping. I took the back off, made a jumper line to test all functions and everything operates as it should by themselves.
I put plugged everything where they originally were ( I marked each wire as I removed them and confirmed they were put back where they belong). I plugged it in and it fired right up..... However the auger NEVER stops rotating. The control board shows that the auger is turning on and off... However that is not the case.
Before this happened it worked swimmingly for the previous 3 weeks that we used it... Aside from having to clear a couple of pellet jambs.
Could it be the mother board took a crap? Any and all comments/ thoughts are welcome. Thank you very much!!!

Sounds like board died. I think they quit making that stove before 2015.BUT it should still have a warranty,as long as dealer did all the proper paperwork.