Avalon Astoria Pellet Stove Won't Stay Lit

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

bowmanpa

Nov 29, 2018
Fort Loudon, PA
My Avalon Astoria pellet stove with thermostat will light but sometimes will shut back down before the temp gets to the thermostat setting or does but will not restart when temp goes below thermostat. The #4 light blinks, along with the auger and maintenance light. The auger turns fine. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
When was the last time it was cleaned all the way to the rain cap? #3 light isn’t in your manual.

Here is your manual

Last year? Stove and venting should be thoroughly cleaned every ton of pellets burned. You put in a new control board? Why did you replace the convection blower? Is the combustion blower running when there is a call for heat?

Reactions: SidecarFlip
Last year? Stove and venting should be thoroughly cleaned every ton of pellets burned. You put in a new control board? Why did you replace the convection blower? Is the combustion blower running when there is a call for heat?
Didn't run it but may 5 pounds of pellets last year because of the issues. Yes I had either a electric surge or lightning take out the old board. Replaced the convection fan when I was trying to find out why it would not stay running. Noisy. The combustion fan runs when there is a call for heat.

Try unplugging the stove for a few min then plug back in and try it, sometimes it takes a reset. The maintenance light I think just notifies there is an issue