AWF or Prestologs

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
.... When I switched the stove from On off to high low, the room air fan would stay on all the time with AWF, but when I was burning Presto Logs the room air fan would occasionally kick off because there wasn't enough heat. For the record, the 10-CPM was at 1-9 when it was in the "low" setting and the bottom buttons 2-5-1......
I have mine set at 2-5-1 and Hi-Lo also, and have been burning mainly Stove Chow & Greene Team, with a little Somerset for the real cold nights.

But I had the same problem last year burning the horrible North Americans (aka Curran) and CleanFire (aka NEWP)....just not enough heat to keep temp sensor satisfied.

I never run my room blower at 9, partly because there's no change past 7. You might try lowering it to 6 while burning the Presto's.....might keep a tad more heat in to keep the blower running.

I love my Presto Logs, but the New AWF bags this year (Hardwoods got a different look) are HOT!!

Burning some PrestoLogs this year. Can I say this? We burned PrestoLogs right after we burned Somersets. The temperature in the stove room and in the house at large went down by maaaaybe a degree from the Somersets to the PrestoLogs... and the PrestoLog pellets looked almost identical in length, diameter and color as the Somersets. Also, they were hard pellets, without a great deal of fines.

We were impressed.

Good thought Imacman. I'm still figuring out the right way to run this stove. This is my first year on the stat, and I tried to set "Hi" @ 8-9 and just let the stat and stove do its thing. That worked fine with the Somersets, but not with the Prestos. I'll turn things down a bit. I have to watch things because my stove is just a bit undersized for the house, and if I set it too low, it struggles.

.....This is my first year on the stat, and I tried to set "Hi" @ 8-9 and just let the stat and stove do its thing. That worked fine with the Somersets, but not with the Prestos. I'll turn things down a bit.....
On the stat, Englander recommends running the stove at 5-5...from the manual:

"We recommend the Control Board be set at “5” on Heat Range and Blower Speed while using the thermostat."

On the stat, Englander recommends running the stove at 5-5...from the manual:

"We recommend the Control Board be set at “5” on Heat Range and Blower Speed while using the thermostat."

Interesting. Well...5-5 won't happen. That's not enough heat to keep up when it's cold out. I'll have to move things around and see where it does best.

Status
Not open for further replies.