B-Vent for wood burning heat zone

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ymurf

Jan 8, 2012
Missouri
I had this thread on here for several days but just noticed somehow it ended up in the gas forum.I am still in the process of hooking up my Quadrafire 7100 I bought from a co-worker.It came with two heat zone kits,At least some of the kits. The manual says to use 6" B-Vent only. The kit came with adapter plates that mounted on top of the fireplace box and the B-vent hooks to that and you run B-Vent to the room you want to heat and the blower assy mounts in the wall and the B-Vent hooks to that.. He doesn't have those adapters anymore that mount to the fireplace and I cant find them anyplace.I have searched and searched. Anything else I can use? Anyone have one laying around or know where one can be found?
Here is the heat zone manual for the kit.You can see the adapter I am looking for.
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...sg=AFQjCNEA1ZpDMESt8kpTGkk2-3gPzIdcYw&cad=rja

I had this thread on here for several days but just noticed somehow it ended up in the gas forum.I am still in the process of hooking up my Quadrafire 7100 I bought from a co-worker.It came with two heat zone kits,At least some of the kits. The manual says to use 6" B-Vent only. The kit came with adapter plates that mounted on top of the fireplace box and the B-vent hooks to that and you run B-Vent to the room you want to heat and the blower assy mounts in the wall and the B-Vent hooks to that.. He doesn't have those adapters anymore that mount to the fireplace and I cant find them anyplace.I have searched and searched. Anything else I can use? Anyone have one laying around or know where one can be found?
Here is the heat zone manual for the kit.You can see the adapter I am looking for.
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...sg=AFQjCNEA1ZpDMESt8kpTGkk2-3gPzIdcYw&cad=rja
I also called my local fireplace store(HMI Fireplace) and he told me I couldn't just order the adapter pipe, I would have to order the whole kit for almost $300.

Status
Not open for further replies.