Back at the mountain ranch a little late.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We are back at the mountain spread. We dropped some Fir trees last year, up on the hill, it's nice and dry now. However we got back a little later than we planned and are working toward a closing door: winter snow. One good day, if we can get the tractor up the hill. The snow isn't deep, but it doesn't take much to stop the tractor, even 4 wd, it's more mountain than hill, and there will be plenty dry wood cut and split up on the deck. We have lots of wet wood next to the house, where we just dropped a couple giant Fir, I have some stacked behind the stove, for the heat of the stove to dry out. I've thrown a couple in the fire, I can hear it popping now. We have to go down to the Nevada ranch for hay and chicken feed, if we can get the tractor up back and cut and get it down to the splitter we'll be in, if not this will be one of thoes winters, suffering with damp wood.

Status
Not open for further replies.