Backyard logging

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Nealm66

Minister of Fire
Sep 25, 2020
Western Washington
Took down some bigger trees for a friend who’s going to make lumber out of them. Kinda cool so I thought I’d share some pics of the progress

E8FC77B9-CF91-4D35-B2A8-2F1F11547AB0.jpeg 0E394469-85E5-41C0-AA09-ED6015899625.jpeg 1D3B22A8-0A7F-429E-8A50-D1BB13D32472.jpeg

Gorgeous saw logs, should make quite a bit of nice lumber.

Ya, they only sent me a couple pics. I’ll try to get some more when I start milling. They bought a 22” bandsaw setup for the smaller stuff

Ya, they only sent me a couple pics. I’ll try to get some more when I start milling. They bought a 22” bandsaw setup for the smaller stuff
Are they using some sort of alaskan mill for the big pieces? 22" is about the biggest my mill can reasonably handle.

I’m going to bring my Alaska mill over for the bigger logs. I’ll have to use my 6’ mill on a couple of the butt cuts. They were pretty good size. I’ll definitely try to get some pics. I’ll just cut cants and let him finish with the bandsaw for less waste. 5 trees total so definitely a lot of boards. I just wish I had more time. I’ll probably get him setup and show how and let him have at it cus I just don’t have the time.