Bad day to burn

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

woodmiser

Feeling the Heat
Oct 20, 2011
Garnet Valley, PA
Going up to 55 today here in SE PA with a boatload of rain on the way. Clydesdale wants to send smoke signals into the living room but I got her going nonetheless.

I like to keep a fire going on a dank rainy day as long as the temp stays below around 50. Above that the house becomes a steam bath.

Was raining when I got up but it quickly turned to snow. Forecast was for falling temperatures so even though the house was warm I put some wood in the stove. Now we are roasting because the outdoor temperature has been going up. For the most part the snow is about done here. Looks like just some light amounts this afternoon and we should not get much more than an inch of snow.

Been around the freezing mark since yesterday here, Dennis. Been snowing lightly all morning, but the ground is too warm for muchthe accumulation. Ran to Toledo this morning and the temp was about the same, but it was raining. They're saying 20 tonight, mid 20s tomorrow. I'm ready for a freeze, too much mud.

woodmiser said:
Going up to 55 today here in SE PA with a boatload of rain on the way. Clydesdale wants to send smoke signals into the living room but I got her going nonetheless.

It's amazing what a difference in elevation can make-I'm probably about two hours north of you (about 70 miles as the crow flies) and about 400' higher given what I know about the topography of SE PA. It's a very raw 38 degrees and raining here-getting down to 21 tomorrow night. At least everything will freeze-cleaning the dog's paws after a run out in the yard is getting old :lol:

Badfish740 said:
cleaning the dog's paws after a run out in the yard is getting old :lol:

Gave up on that. The carpet is pretty well trashed, and we're likely going to hardwood after the tax refund gets here. Whatever it is, it won't be carpeting. Two mastiffs shed A LOT, and it's a whole lot easier to sweep once or twice a day.

Status
Not open for further replies.