Bad install, Contractor install in his own home.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

hearthtools

Moderator Emeritus
Hearth Supporter

Certain types of b vent pipe used to have a small print sticker saying they could also be used for pellet. Doesn’t look like that did but that’s probably what lead him to believe it was ok. Is that a storm collar on the ceiling?

Certain types of b vent pipe used to have a small print sticker saying they could also be used for pellet. Doesn’t look like that did but that’s probably what lead him to believe it was ok. Is that a storm collar on the ceiling?

Hmm
29 years of this I have never saw a pipe listed both L vent and B vent. Yes you can use L vent on a gas appliance but you can not use B vent on a pellet appliance.
The ceiling firestop is the approved item for B vent venting.
I see this at least once a month people buying stoves online or at big box stores this is why they are less money no support from a knowledgeable dealer.

Reactions: FirepotPete
Hmm
29 years of this I have never saw a pipe listed both L vent and B vent. Yes you can use L vent on a gas appliance but you can not use B vent on a pellet appliance.
The ceiling firestop is the approved item for B vent venting.
I see this at least once a month people buying stoves online or at big box stores this is why they are less money no support from a knowledgeable dealer.
Your right, l vent is what I was thinking of.