Baffle plate needed - Warmland Gothic Multifuel - any advice appreciated

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

AnthonyK

Oct 28, 2022
UK
Just took ownership of a house with a wood burner, had the chimney swept and was informed the wood burner is missing the baffle plate. Hopefully the pictures attached are visible, sticker says it is a Warmland Gothic Multifuel EN13240 2001. Problem is, Warmland liquidated 2015, and for love nor money I cannot find anyone who does spares. I could have a local ironmonger make a replacement, but I don't know what shape the baffle ought to be. I am thinking of a flat plate which sits on the back wall and lies on top of the two protruding metal bits on the side, but does a baffle cover the whole of the top to prevent damage? Very much a novice here so all advice/information/pictures/links appreciated, thanks.

wbstovepic1.jpeg wbstovepic2.jpeg wbstovepic3.jpeg wbstovepic4.jpeg

I don't know the stove but it looks like the baffle plate extended from the back up onto the side supports at an angle. If you strike out and are at a dead end, make a template out of cardboard that extends the baffle to just past the support bracket. Bring this template to the ironmonger for fabrication out of heavy ( 3/16"?) steel.

Reactions: AnthonyK
That'll do it. It looks like you got tiny tubulators from the diamond plate too.