Need advice on putting Jotul 118b burner plates/baffle back together

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

newjotuller

Jan 20, 2014
Southeastern Ohio
Please help! In a moment of insane curiosity I took the side burner plates and top baffle off of my Jotul 118b wood stove. After an hour of trying to get it done, I've made little headway. Do I need to take off the top of the stove, or would that pose greater problems? Does anyone have any advice about how to put these pieces together without losing my mind?

Also, can I run the stove constantly for a few days without these pieces?

Last edited:
I would not run it without them.

There are various models of the 118, some with full cover side places and some with smaller side plates.

In any case, the side plates go in and the baffle sits on top of them. this should give you some idea (this has the bigger side plates....

jotul 118.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.