Baker flue adapter ? custom fab job

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i know the BAKER guy said he makes the inserts with 7" outlets now, so i guess thats the road ill take. though you wont be able to find a 7" rectangular adapters. theyre all 8 or 10" .

well i dont have a tap and die set, so ill have to get one somewhere. but that sounds like a good idea. i just need to get one of these liner guys on the phone and fine out what the size of the pipe would be ovalized and then call an adapter place and find out what the EXACT width is of the oval opening. every site shows how tall it is, and nothign else. heres a good chart to check out for ovalizing pipe and its corresponding sizes. http://www.chimneylinerdepot.com/lander/articles/liner-oval-sizing.asp

ps . so , if its 400$ for a liner, 130$ or so for a adapter, and 15 to make my own blockoff plate. so 600$ total for all parts. this is an expensive hobby!

heres an update . i cut off the shroud(took 5 4.5" angle cringer cutting discs) , and got the 7" 20foot liner and waiting on the boot adapter and furnace cement. should try to get it done this weekend.

my sweep finally called me back and he said in the end i could have just slid the stove in and ide be fine since the chimney was swept for years prior to me purchasing the home.

though your guys advice has be more costly, its the RIGHT way , and ill get a more efficient burn , drafting, and itll be a snap for me to clean it from now on....

thanks guys. ill keep you informed with how much a pain in the A$$ it is to double-joint my arm around and hook up the liner and boot assembly !

Status
Not open for further replies.