Basement Install - Selkirk Vent Kit

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

StickPick73

Sep 30, 2015
Eau Claire, WI
Hello -

Over the past few weeks, I've been carefully planning the install of a new pellet stove to be used as supplemental heat for our finished basement. Thanks to the many helpful threads here, I think I've got most things figured out (vertical runs, EVL, OAK, etc.), with a couple exceptions.

I'm looking to go with Selkirk's vent kit, but it looks like it comes with the 'standard' length wall thimble. Since I'll be venting through a finished wall and then poured concrete, I'm pretty sure I'll need the 'long' version of their thimble. Does anyone else have experience with Selkirk's standard kit venting through a finished basement wall?

Also, our basement ceilings are 8' and I'll need to go up about 7' inside to get a good foot or so above grade outside. Since the kit won't have enough 1' lengths to accomplish this, are there any issues with me buying the kit and adding another Selkirk purchased pipe to be used with the kit?

Thanks in advance!

Might be better off and just buying the pieces needed for your install and not having several 1 foot pieces raising the likely hood of a leak and easier to keep clean. May be cheaper too.

As Bioburner said - just make sure they are from the same series so they fit together. My basement install is about 7' and it only has 2 pcs between the 45* to the stove and the 45* out the window (blocked off).

Reactions: StickPick73
Status
Not open for further replies.