Basement Installation Underway for Jotul f45, Old Version

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
@enduring really glad to see your taking the lead on this, wish you the best of luck with wood burning, its quite fun actually and when done properly it helps with off-setting heat bills and a great comfort on blizzard days.

Reactions: enduring
KennyP, thanks for your support. DH is happy with the outcome, even though it was WAY more $$$ then he anticipated. When I remodeled the kitchen in 2011, I put LED under cabinet lights in. He marvels every day, when he uses them, what a great idea they were and the best thing about the kitchen remodel. I never told him how much those cost, lol.

Begreen Yes, it has been cold several nights now. I got up this morning and see that it got down to 31*f during the night. it is 43* currently. I'm going to shortly do the 3rd and final break-in fire at 400*f for an hour.

Moresnow, You really got cold last night. I can't remember what part of the state you live in. Are you north of DM or east/west? Im about 20-30 miles north, depending on which route you take. Thanks for your help with all my questions.

I pumped DH for some complements this morning with the successful stove installation, and he chuckled and said, "we ended up with a lot nicer stove then what I [he] was going to get." ... Yes we did, and a safer system! Which I reminded him of.

Reactions: moresnow
I am in Waverly. 2.5 hrs +,- NE of Des Moines.

If you got a chuckle out of DH after all of this...…. You did well;lol I'd bet you both get plenty of enjoyment from the stove.

• Haha
Hey all, The stove has done once regular burn, but it was a struggle to get it to 400. Maybe I made too small of a fire. It is nice. Daughter is a real believer. Today we just cut some soft maple out of an old abandoned foundation. So I thought it would work to cut up and see about splitting later in half or leave? It is a small diameter, about 4-5" at the most. DH has brought home what we think is hickory out of the fence line, that was cut before leafing out. Also honey locust, small tree or 2.
Glammer shot:
wRo2yPonSty9naWSJXSkEg.jpgBuhYD0%CRG61N2yG32f8fg.jpg

Looks like you need another comfy chair down there for DH.

Begreen, there is another chair down there now :) Im still trying to arrange the basement and where to put other things, like the laundry supplies, workbench supplies, and general storage of extra household items. It really come a long way. Thanks to DH for the desire to have a wood stove, and the wisdom to let me project manage it, LOL
%UnlDD7WQuCrZ%KTO9FY%w.jpg

That's better! He may be wanting a beer fridge down there next.

• Haha
Begreen, I am so thankful for all the help you and others have given me with this project.
I have some more decorating and organizing to do. There is a fridge around the corner. Daughter has her coffee table. She wanted to burn a fire tonight, but I think its too warm. She is loving the whole thing. We all are. We were cutting wood today some silver maple, that we took down. We need to process the Hickory and Locust. I have been over on the wood pile forum to see what's there, as I have a lot to learn.