Bears are definitely out of hibernation...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

NickW

Minister of Fire
Oct 16, 2019
SE WI
Was just 10' away from a really big bear here in the Northwoods... Walked out the attached garage man door to go to the detached garage and almost right into him.
IMG_20230420_204742.jpgIMG_20230420_204817.jpg

Luckily, I’ve seen more tracks and scat piles than bears. I’m glad yours decided to book it!

• Haha
Reactions: begreen and NickW
Our Black bears here go the other way when you run into them. Unless there's food or there cubs.

Oh, he was gone as soon as he realized I was there... Hard to believe an animal that big can move that fast!

My boss showed everyone pics he took of a bear and cubs in his yard last week.

I’ve rarely ever seen a bear, but one time there was one that ran in front of my car. It ran across the road so fast, never would have thought they could move that fast. Kinda funny it was less than 1/4 mile from the Bear River.

They were probably sight seeing on vacation!

“Have you been to Bear River?”

“No, but it sounds nice!”

“Let’s go!”

Reactions: tlc1976