Beautiful Day for Messing with the Wood :-)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Chuck the Canuck

Feeling the Heat
Beautiful sun-shiny day out there yesterday (at least it was here in Southern New Brunswick, Canada)... I just had the urge to run my saw and swing my axes, so that's exactly what I did. I have a perfectly awesome Ariens 27 ton splitter, but sometimes you just want to pick up the axes and make sure you can still swing em good, eh? Only 1 chunk outta the whole bunch gave me any grief (pic #6 I think), but the 8 lb splittin maul took care of it soon enough... The fiskars X27 took care of most of the rest..... :) I expect I'm gonna be out there doing this again this afternoon, because the weather here is definitely taking a turn towards Spring.... (Hope I didn't just jinx myself)..... :)

Cheers

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    187.1 KB · Views: 498
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    157.6 KB · Views: 580
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    175.5 KB · Views: 559
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    223.6 KB · Views: 536
  • 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    202.6 KB · Views: 595
  • 13.jpg
    13.jpg
    222.5 KB · Views: 591
  • 14.jpg
    14.jpg
    169 KB · Views: 562
  • 15.jpg
    15.jpg
    163.1 KB · Views: 585
  • 16.jpg
    16.jpg
    144 KB · Views: 589
  • 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 462
Wow! Awesome setup!
You strike me as the type of person who cleans up the area after you’re done splitting?
If I was as organized and clean as you are my wife would love it.
How many cord is there in log length? That is a huge pile.

Reactions: Lakeside
Wow! Awesome setup!
You strike me as the type of person who cleans up the area after you’re done splitting?
If I was as organized and clean as you are my wife would love it.
How many cord is there in log length? That is a huge pile.
Thaks for the compliments... I have to keep the area clean and organized because I don't have a whole lot of room to mess with; and I also like gettting nice comments about how neat and tidy it looks as well....
The log pile still probably holding around 12 or 13 cord, and yes, it's a bit huge... I don't usually have such a massive load of wood sitting there, but I wanted to get in 2 more tandem loads (6 cord each) before Xmas (just for tax purposes), thus the huge, ominous, and somewhat dangerous load of wood.... :)

Reactions: Lakeside
what does wood have to with taxes?

what does wood have to with taxes?
I run a little side business selling firewood by the bundle, so wood (and all the toys that go with it) has everything in the world to do with taxes from my point of view..... :)

get it now, everything is an expense if you do

Reactions: Chuck the Canuck
I am humbled...... you sir, are the real deal......
Well that's awful nice of you to say, but the truth is that I'm just like most of the people here at hearth.com that love CSS'ing wood... And just like alot of ya'll, my little "hobby" borders on fanatical addiction... Like I tell the wife, ya just gotta roll with it.....

Reactions: WiscWoody
I can't think of a healthier hobby than cutting, splitting, and stacking wood. Even if it is a fanatical obsession, it keeps homes nice and warm with a beautiful ambiance to boot...no other hobby that I know of does that. You're the man!

Yeah.... looks good! How much is a loggers cord going for up there? Here in NW Wisconsin it’s $80 US a cord or $102 Canuck cash according to today’s conversion. Truck loads up here come in 10-12 cord loads but I’ve never bought a load yet, I have friends that log and sell the loads though. That looks like Brewers Country Store across the street from you on the 105...? Stay warm! ;)

Last edited:
Yeah.... looks good! How much is a loggers cord going for up there? Here in NW Wisconsin it’s $80 US a cord or $102 Canuck cash according to today’s conversion. Truck loads up here come in 10-12 cord loads but I’ve never bought a load yet, I have friends that log and sell the loads though. That looks like Brewers Country Store across the street from you on the 105...? Stay warm! ;)
My supplier delivers tandem loads of semi tree length hard wood for $800.00, so about $133.33 per cord??? I used to sell it all in cords and bundles, but now I only do cords for my personal consumption, and the rest goes in bundles.... :) It's not all sunshine and trips to the bank.... but, still alotta fun though.... :)