Bee Keeps?'s

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have already harvested the spring honey and the bees are gearing up to for the cotton so I should get another 5 gallons in early September. You need to be careful not to take all of their honey and keep in mind you'll probably have to feed them over winter. Do you have a bee club near you I recall you mentioned a beekeeper thats near you try giving them a call and see if/when they are harvesting.

Good idea I was just going to wait until the hive was full. I give him a call.

I rely on other local beekeeps to know when to do stuff like that and also for any questions I might have. I haven't met one yet that isn't willing to help out. One other thing to think about is its summer time and after you harvest you will probably need to feed them.

Reactions: smokinj
Ok Local guy wife told me to hold until Sept. And he will call me with further details.

I just wonder if there causing it to spread like this? No one else around has clover still in bloom.

Been a good year for clover here too. I'm seeing more honey bees this year than I can remember in a long time....I can't remember a summer as wet as this one in a long time either.

My BIL has purple clover pasture mix and an alfalfa hay field planted across the street that is and has been in full bloom for the past 2 weeks...and it is loaded with bees.

Reactions: smokinj
Status
Not open for further replies.