Been a while, aquired a new to me P61-2

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Washed-Up

Minister of Fire
Nov 5, 2011
Kananaskis,Alberta, Canada
Hey guys
So I've sold my pristine Pellet Pro 2 and installed a P61-2 with auto light in my place. It looked like it was stored in a humid enviornment, a bit of rust that I've sanded and painted. Painted pretty much the whole thing where I could...ran and cured it all.
Now from what I've read here, this model was the precurser to the P61A. It runs fine and operates the way I believe it should.
After 2 failed attemps to purchase th correct tailpipe/flue adapter, I've fabricated one to work with my Selkirk 3in pl vent pipe. I would still like to get the proper piece for it though. The issue I ran into was not getting the correct piece that slides over the tailpipe.
I'm hoping one of you would have the part number of the adapter that will hook up to my Selkirk 3 inch exhaust piping.
I'm still trying to figure out which year I have., I couldn't find any info using the serial number.
And as always, any and all advice/tips are gratefully welcome.

Anyone?

Last edited:

Ok thanks...pretty sure I have the maintenance down...should be similar to my old Pellet Pro 2.

Ok thanks...pretty sure I have the maintenance down...should be similar to my old Pellet Pro 2.
correct..
only major difference is that now that you have an ignitor,
you need to periodically open the cover under the burnpot which is where the ignitor lives,
and finger out the dry ash that collects in that compartment.
might want to also hit the ignitor with compressed air now/then.

Reactions: Washed-Up
Quick question, I only had 2 inch piping for the outside air, so I used a reducer at the stove inlet....will this affect the combustion at all?

Hmmmm ok, I’ll acquire some 2.75 then. I guess it could be less air than requesting due to the smaller 2inc hose then.

Went with 3 inch exhaust piping, stove is running great.

Reactions: Mt Bob