Wisconsin Northwoods Posted By Wisconsin Northwoods, Apr 2, 2019 at 7:06 PM

1. bob bare

bob bare
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Oct 31, 2013
    Loc:
    park county montana
    Sounds like bad board.But,things to consider--checking your voltage momentary means nothing,if there is an intermittent low voltage problem.Also.a surge protector will not protect anything in a low voltage situation.That is why i was recommending a UPS,with data recording.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Ssyko likes this.
  2. Wisconsin Northwoods

Wisconsin Northwoods
    New Member 2.
    NULL

Apr 2, 2019
    Loc:
    Wisconsin
    Yes, the agitator is 120 volt. There are 2 wires going to the motor, a common and a power. If I test across the two, I get the 55 volts. The igniter was getting no power at all. I tested directly from the board and there was nothing during startup.
    Sysko has offered to check the board out for me so I will be taking him up on the offer. If it is not repairable, I will need to look for a replacement.

3. Wisconsin Northwoods

Wisconsin Northwoods
    New Member 2.
    NULL

Apr 2, 2019
    Loc:
    Wisconsin
    Thanks for the reply Bob. I do not have access to a UPS with data logger and have never used one. I attempted to research one and unless I am looking them up wrong they are more expensive than replacing the board.

4. Monica in France

Monica in France
    Member 2.
    NULL

Jan 22, 2014
    Loc:
    France
    It gets more and more mysterious.
    Is this 55v just for the agitator ? Is the agitator in circuit or is this measurement without a load ?
    What are the two readings : common mains to common agitator and common live to live agitator ? As one would expect/hope and no surprises ?
    Does the agitator have a duty cycle ?
    Is the agitator switch a relay or a thyristor ?
    Will the stove work without the agitator ? Just to see if everything else is ok .