Best inside gasification wood boiler?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
I have a Vedolux 450 and 1045 gallons of storage ,and at the end of its first year of operation the chimney is clean nothing to brush out !. The boiler is simple to clean , a five minute job to clean the six fire tubes . If your looking for a low maintenance boiler that is efficent this is one. Dean at Smokeless Heat is quick to respond if there's any problem.

Good afternoon everyone I am new to this forum, I am asking the question what is the best inside gasification wood boiler that's on the market? I am getting ready to big a new home and wanted to install a wood boiler to help with heating cost. I am planning on putting in radiant tubing through the floor. I have used inside wood boilers before in my old home but I also had issues with it, I believe that it was installed around 2008 so it was an older model. I know that the boilers have come a long way sense then. I have looked into Garn which from what I understand is a tankless wood boiler? Meaning that all of the water is inside the boiler and there is no need for a big tank of water. I have also looked at Tarm which from what I understand is a more conventional boiler where is has tanks for the water. I was just wonder if anyone has experience with either one and what would be recommended for a new home construction. I am aiming to have my house around 2500 square feet. Any help or insight would be greatly appreciated, I live near Bangor, Maine so if anyone knows of any company's in Maine that sell wood boilers I would also appreciate that information as well. Thanks again
have had a Tarm model 2002 for 26 years with a 550 gallon stainless steel tank. The tank has 2 -3/4' copper coil I fabricated that is inside the tank. I have radiant heat and heat my domestic in the winter using a plate heat exchanger. Replaced the ceramic chamber once in 26 years. The key for boiler longevity is never let it idle, wide open or off.