best online chainsaw buys?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
johnsopi said:
I'm on my 3rd tank of gas though my 5100 runs real good even with the safety chain. A lot quieter then my ms 310 and lighter. The one thing I don't understand is setting the fuel mixture. I hope it was set right a the factory.

Paul

Its already set at the factory . It might not be set perfect to how you like it but its set to a safe standard. Your saw will get more power as it breaks in and should start running faster the more broke in it gets. At around 10 tanks of gas get the carb reset and tached to around 500 RPM less then factory max with 40:1 oil mix ratio. If your running 50:1 oil mix ratio , a muffler mod, long bars , in the real hot summer or in the real cold winters then the carb and tached RPM can and will need to be a little different.

Status
Not open for further replies.