Best ZC EPA Rated Fireplace for Supplimental Heat for 500 Sq. Ft.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Eastland

May 1, 2017
San Antonio
I'm replacing a Superior BRI-36 fireplace. I'm looking for a small zero clearance fireplace, something like a Pacific Energy FP16. It's primary purpose would be to take the edge off of cold winter mornings in Texas hill country for the living room. My concern is having too much heat. Winters are mild around here. My primary heat is a heat pump. Also, I have tons of juniper and some oak and elm for firewood. That's my reason for looking at a wood burner.

It seems that the Lennox FTF8 chimney isn't compatible with anything and would have to be replaced. Any one have experience remove the venting like this. I have about a 30 ft. chimney.

Any recommendations would be welcomed. I'm about to go blind reading all the posts looking for help. Thanks.