BEV Pickup Trucks

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
No and am afraid to ask…
I was very briefly all gung-ho about replacing our prior sports wagon with a BEV SUV... until I saw the initial cost. This was in 2020, so maybe the ratio has closed a bit, but I was looking at BEV's for $110k that lacked basic features and capability found on $65k ICE's. The gap closes somewhat when figuring TCO, but still not entirely in our case... that's an awful big gap to close with $100 fuel per month and a $45 oil change once per year. I'm not keeping the car 40 years.

Even if equal, I was looking at 5-seater BEV's with limited storage and towing, versus 7-seater ICE's with more storage and capacity to tow all of my trailers, for nearly double the price?

Reactions: tlc1976 and Shank
For chits and giggles I checked vroom and carvana to price my ioniq 5, it dropped price by 10k from Last week.

They reacted quickly with relative to Tesla price drop. bummer

For shits and giggles I checked vroom and carvana to price my ioniq 5, it dropped price by 10k from Last week.

The EV fora are reporting today that used EV prices have dropped dramatically across makes.

I am still glad I leased my 22 Bolt. :)

Next step is I expect that Ford will see some heavier cancellations on their wait lists... and will reopen taking orders.... before also dropping prices.

Reactions: boomfire
The EV fora are reporting today that used EV prices have dropped dramatically across makes.

I am still glad I leased my 22 Bolt. :)

Next step is I expect that Ford will see some heavier cancellations on their wait lists... and will reopen taking orders.... before also dropping prices.
Lets hope this is the case. For all of us. Reality check. Perhaps?

For shits and giggles I checked vroom and carvana to price my ioniq 5, it dropped price by 10k from Last week.

There is talk that there is a car loan crisis brewing. They’ve been saying that for a while. But used car prices are dropping fast from their peak as new inventory builds a the rising interest rates decrease purchasing power. I do think any new ICE purchased now will see larger than average depreciation as demand for BEVs grows. The new and used EV tax credit will have impacts on valuations.

Reactions: Shank and boomfire
I was very briefly all gung-ho about replacing our prior sports wagon with a BEV SUV... until I saw the initial cost. This was in 2020, so maybe the ratio has closed a bit, but I was looking at BEV's for $110k that lacked basic features and capability found on $65k ICE's. The gap closes somewhat when figuring TCO, but still not entirely in our case... that's an awful big gap to close with $100 fuel per month and a $45 oil change once per year. I'm not keeping the car 40 years.

Even if equal, I was looking at 5-seater BEV's with limited storage and towing, versus 7-seater ICE's with more storage and capacity to tow all of my trailers, for nearly double the price?
Model X price drop.

6E575AB3-3AA8-495E-85D8-8CA8091189D0.png

I do think any new ICE purchased now will see larger than average depreciation as demand for BEVs grows.
Remember that ICE manufacturing is stopping after this year on many makes/models. There's a good chance this could cause pricing to spike for awhile, if demand for ICE's stays nearly where it is, and supply drops out.

But $109,990 is almost exactly what was being quoted for the old 2020 Model X Performance Edition? I guess they don't have that specific configuration anymore, but would the Dual Motor AWD have been slightly less in 2020?

Remember that ICE manufacturing is stopping after this year on many makes/models. There's a good chance this could cause pricing to spike for awhile, if demand for ICE's stays nearly where it is, and supply drops out.

But $109,990 is almost exactly what was being quoted for the old 2020 Model X Performance Edition? I guess they don't have that specific configuration anymore, but would the Dual Motor AWD have been slightly less in 2020?
You’re looking at the wrong one;). 119k$ for the plaid. Yeah probably. Inflation…. 0-60 in 2.5 seconds. If spending 100k plus and like to fast I dont find an equivalent to the plaid. You just have to deal with Model X build and engineering quality.

You’re looking at the wrong one;). 119k$ for the plaid. Yeah probably. Inflation…. 0-60 in 2.5 seconds. If spending 100k plus and like to fast I dont find an equivalent to the plaid. You just have to deal with Model X build and engineering quality.
Oh, got it. Yeah, I wasn't looking at Plaid, in fact I don't recall it even being an option for that model in 2020. This was a vehicle for my wife to drive, and while she likes "sporty", I've never been able to convince her of the necessity of spending extra for extreme performance options. Some people just don't get it... ;lol

Had a Durango SRT priced out for comparison, but she punted and ordered an R/T while I wasn't looking. Nice car, but would be nicer with an extra 110 hp.

Reactions: EbS-P