Beware of Mendota

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

vpracer

Jan 2, 2018
South
Spent a large amount of money on a DXV45 with the Andover doors. After construction of my home, the installer went to install the doors but they are too large. I was hoping to return them for a smaller door but in talking directly to Mendota they won't return them without the original "box". Of course the installing dealer has long discarded the box. $700 down the drain.....BUYERS BEWARE!!!! I would think at the price point of these fireplaces, Johnson Gas could make an exception for the lack of a box.

Spent a large amount of money on a DXV45 with the Andover doors. After construction of my home, the installer went to install the doors but they are too large. I was hoping to return them for a smaller door but in talking directly to Mendota they won't return them without the original "box". Of course the installing dealer has long discarded the box. $700 down the drain.....BUYERS BEWARE!!!! I would think at the price point of these fireplaces, Johnson Gas could make an exception for the lack of a box.

as a dealer of Mendota they are a great company. Talk to your dealer about a warranty. The DXV series has been around for a long period of time and has been a great product. Your dealer should be able to help, be honest and kind and they should be able to help. I would pass this through as a warranty in my shop

Yes, this sounds a lot more like a dealer issue than a Mendota issue.