Bio mass 40 not getting to temp

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Biomass40

Jan 13, 2018
Michigan
I have a biomass 40 and it will not get to temp it is set to, having trouble keeping a good flame it just smolders. Any ideas how i can fix this? New to this.

Tell us more...
What kind of wood and how long has it seasoned?

Split, stacked and kept dry?

That should burn in anything. You might be thinking that I'm insulting your intelligence by asking about the wood but 99.9% of the time the problem you're having is solved by burning dryer wood. Just to eliminate one variable do you have any pallets around that you can smash up and feed the beast?

The Biomass is an induced draft unit I think. Where does the make up air enter and is it clear?

Its clear, had to shut it down wouldnt get to temp. Temps are in the negatives had to switch to gas. Dont know what to do to fix it. Im stumped.

Did you go all through the fine tuning biomass sticky thread at the top of the forum? Gotta think it has covered all the bases of these things.

Seems to me it would be an air supply/passage issue, or a wet wood issue.

When you replied "I do" to my question " do you have any pallets" I assumed you were going to try them. It will keep us from bringing up the "dry wood" question over and over.